Get a Fresh Start With Local Bankruptcy Lawyer Whittier CA
Our pro bono local bankruptcy attorneys offer a free consultation, in person or over the phone, and can begin working on your case immediately with little money down. We have the ability to stop or delay foreclosures and can help you avoid lawsuits, wage garnishments, repossessions and harassing calls and letters as a result of your current financial situation.
We have made a significant difference for our Local clients by:
- Helping clients discharge more than $5 million in debt
- Saving our clients from losing their homes, valued in excess of a million dollars, due to foreclosure
- Securing several millions of dollars’ worth of damages for clients in civil cases
- Successfully eliminating many of our clients’ second mortgages saving them thousands of dollars per month in housing payments
- Helping clients save thousands of dollars through the firm’s mortgage resolution and loan modification programs
- Effectively ceasing foreclosure sale dates
- Helping clients restructure a 30-year fixed rate mortgage with an interest rate as low as 2% and reduce their principal balance on the loan
- Providing clients with a multitude of options to address their debt situations even if they are denied loan modification
- Giving individuals and families peace of mind
Why file for bankruptcy?
Having too much outstanding debt can cause undue stress in your life as well as negatively affect your family life. Moreover, without taking proactive measures to address your finances, your debt can imprison you in a lifetime cycle of financial stagnation. Despite the many myths associated with filing for bankruptcy, there are several benefits of pursuing this type of legal action, such as:
- Filing for bankruptcy can prevent you from becoming buried by insurmountable debt;
- Enabling you to obtain a fresh financial start and better manage your finances in the future;
- Saving your home from wrongful foreclosure actions and other predatory lending practices;
- Stopping all collection efforts such as harassing phone calls, wage garnishments and other legal actions;
- Providing you with immediate financial relief; and
- Allowing you to finally relax and have a positive outlook for your financial future.
At the Goldbach Law Group, We Will Help You Reclaim Your Life
Whether you are a struggling business or an individual with significant debt, it is difficult to know where to turn for help. At the Goldbach Law Group, we understand first-hand how challenging it can be to manage your mounting debt, especially when you have a family to support or substantial payroll obligations. While many people assume that those who declare bankruptcy were frivolous in their spending, the reality is that this is simply not the case. Many of our clients who file for bankruptcy do so as a result of unexpected medical bills, the loss of a job, a failing business, divorce, or some other legitimate reason. Regardless of your circumstances, we will work tirelessly to give you the tools necessary to get your life on track and start anew.
For more than two decades, we have successfully helped thousands of individuals and businesses in all types of bankruptcy matters, including:
- Chapter 7 – Also referred to as liquidation bankruptcy, Chapter 7 discharges all forms of unsecured debt such as credit card bills and medical expenses. Chapter 7 also prevents creditors from taking legal action against you once your case is filed. In order to be eligible to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, an individual must meet the strict income requirements of the Mean’s Test. Specifically, this is a formulaic test set forth in the U.S. Bankruptcy Code that is used to determine whether a debtor has enough income to cover their debts. In the event that a debtor meets the rigors of the test, they can proceed with filing under Chapter 7. Otherwise, a debtor may consider other financial options, such as a Chapter 13 bankruptcy action.
- Chapter 11 – Under Chapter 11 bankruptcy, also known as reorganization bankruptcy, corporations and partnerships are able to propose a repayment plan in order to remain afloat and pay back debtors over time. Otherwise stated, this form of bankruptcy allows companies to manage their debt yet remain in financial control of their operations.
- Chapter 13 – Chapter 13 actions allow for individual and corporate debtors struggling with debt to develop a plan to repay their debt over a fixed period of time. Unlike Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 allows debtors to keep their property once their action is completed. In other words, one of the major benefits of a Chapter 13 proceeding is that it protects people from losing their homes in foreclosure.
Call us today to learn more about how you can pursue a fresh financial start
Regardless of the circumstances, there is a solution to your financial problems. For more information about your debt relief options, contact our local bankruptcy Attorney in Whittier today at (562) 696-0582 for a free confidential consultation. For over 25 years, we have been successfully representing clients located throughout Los Angeles County and Orange County.