Goldbach Law Group has nearly 30 years of experience working as an employment attorney in Long Beach, with both employers and employees throughout Los Angeles County. We have an extensive experience defending employer’s rights in a broad spectrum of employment law issues, specifically claims involving discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, whistleblowing, FMLA, and wage and hour claims.
Lawsuits brought by employees against their employers are on the rise in California. Defending employee lawsuits can be costly to your small business by wasting unnecessary time, money and productivity. Our employment attorneys’ upmost priority is to prepare a defense strategy that will minimize the impact the lawsuit has on your business and maximize the results.
Our Long Beach employment attorneys will pursue all avenues to defend your business against a multitude of claims, which frequently include:
- Wrongful termination, including claims that an employee was fired for a discriminatory reason or for complaining about violations of law.
- Harassment and discrimination, including claims of sexual harassment, disability discrimination, racial discrimination, age discrimination, and gender discrimination.
- Wage and hour violations, including failure to pay overtime or the minimum wage.
- Rest and meal period violations, including claims that an employee did not receive required breaks or that the breaks were interrupted.
As Long Beach top employment law firm, we work with small businesses in not only defending employee lawsuits but counseling and advising employers of all sizes on a broad range of employment law issues, from preventive solutions to their daily employment law issues to addressing serious employee claims. Goldbach Law Group will work with you to craft handbooks informing employees of their rights and will assist you in laying the groundwork to prevent future lawsuits.
Goldbach Law Group’s employment lawyers strive to provide outstanding value, unique and creative solutions throughout the litigation experience, and have a steadfast dedication to the highest quality and ethics. Our Long Beach employment lawyers have a superb history of gaining favorable settlements for employers prior to trial, as well as an excellent record of taking cases through trial.
Goldbach Law Group routinely represents small businesses in state and federal actions and before numerous government agencies, including the California Employment Development Department (the “EDD”) and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (the “DFEH”).
Contact the Goldbach Law Group!
The Long Beach employment law firm that your company engages to defend its interests in an employment lawsuit can have a significant impact on the outcome of the case. Our employment lawyer’s in Long Beach are available to assist you in achieving positive outcomes and keeping your business productivity up. If you’d like to learn more about what Goldbach Law Group Long Beach’s Top Law Firm can do for you. Contact us here to receive a free confidential employment consultation.
Some of our Employer successes include:
- Successful defended a complaint in United States District Court, Central District of California for a Complaint regarding violations of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act; violations of state wage & hour laws, including prevailing wage; unfair business practices; and wrongful discharge. Goldbach Law Group received a court ordered dismissal at the parties’ request.
- Successfully defended charges in Region 31, National Labor Relations Board, Los Angeles, CA for unfair labor practices including discrimination and wrongful discharge. Goldbach Law Group settled the matter prior to litigation.
- Successfully settlement a matter with the United States Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division, West Covina, CA Office alleging unpaid overtime and the misclassification of employees.
- Successfully defended a complaint filed with the Superior Court for the State of California, County of Los Angeles for a sexual harassment and wrongful discharge complaint. Goldbach Law Group received a dismissal with prejudice at the request of plaintiffs.
- Successfully mediated and settlement a matter filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Los Angeles, California alleging sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful discharge.
- Successfully defended a claim filed with the Workers Compensation Appeals Board, Riverside, CA in regards to a Labor Code §132(a)claim for Discrimination and Wrongful Discharge. Goldbach Law Group was able to get the claims dismissed with prejudice.
Some of Our Employee Success:
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of senior scientist with international pharmaceutical company, rejected original one month severance offer and negotiated twenty four months severance pay with company-paid health insurance.
- Negotiated settlement of entire amount of unpaid commissions within six months of settlement demand on behalf of insurance sales professional.
- Negotiated settlement equivalent to approximately one year’s pay in retaliation case where client was wrongfully terminated without being offered severance after requesting reasonable accommodations for his disability. The case resolved less than three months after filing a Charge of Discrimination with the DFEH.
- Enhanced original severance offer by more than $50,000 on behalf of finance professional who was terminated shortly after reporting accounting irregularities implicating the California False Claims Act.
- Defeated employer’s motion for preliminary injunction as to all forms of injunctive relief where the employee’s non-compete agreement prohibited her from working in the same county as her former employer.
- Received a favorable severance agreement for a terminated client. Having been terminated from his job, the client was due a severance that would’ve been representative of the work he had done. The client’s now former employer, however, was not cooperative in providing the compensation owed to the client. The client sought the help of GLG to recover the unpaid wages owed to him by his employer. Committed to righting the wrongs of the employer, Goldbach Law Group successfully obtained a settlement which encompassed the wages that the client was due.
- Received a favorable settlement in connection with a sexual harassment lawsuit. Goldbach Law Group represented a woman who was experiencing sexual harassment at her workplace. Her immediate boss frequently made inappropriate comments and physical gestures that made the client feel uncomfortable and unsafe. When she went to her immediate boss’ boss, they turned her away going so far as to say they should not have hired a woman because they know the way that man could get. Following an unexpected work injury, the client was terminated. GLG took up the case and expeditiously provided financial recourse for the client.
- Received a favorable settlement in an overtime wage dispute. Overtime- Goldbach Law Group represented a client who was wrongfully not paid overtime for hours worked over the regular 40 hour work week. His employer justified this by exempting the client from overtime because the client’s title carried managerial responsibilities. GLG was able to determine that the title was a ruse in that it carried no additional significant responsibility with respect to the client’s original job title. As a result of the findings, GLG was able to facilitate the fair payment of the overtime that the client had worked.